Basics of Electronic Vapor Cigarettes
- BOX MOD: An electronic battery containment box consisting of either direct mechanical electrical contact lead points to a button or an integrated regulated voltage chip to a button.
- Mechanical Mod: Also known as a mech mod, Mechanical mods are those which have only mechanical contacts touching the battery through mechanical machined parts only. No voltage regulation and often fewer safety features and are generally only suggested for enthusiasts with the proper training and education.
- VV: Variable Voltage- describes the range at which the battery can be adjusted. Not all devices can be variable voltage such as pen devices.
- VW: Variable Wattage- describes the range at which the battery can be adjusted. Not all devices can be variable wattage such as pen devices.
- RDA: Rebuildable Drip Atomizer- A machined piece of metal with positive and negative contact posts for building a coil (heating element) with a top cap for freebasing e-liquid.
- RDTA: Rebuildable Drip Tank Atomizer- A machined piece of metal with positive and negative contact posts for building a coil with additional e-liquid tank/reservoir, no dripping needed to keep the cotton in the coil saturated.
- SUB-OHM: Less than 1.0 OHM resistance. Example 0.15 OHM ( Sub-Ohm is usually very high output in vapor production.)
- Drip-Tip: A drip tip is a mouth piece tube or straw like part of a tank or RDA, usually 510 is a standard size for drip tips although it can vary.
- 18650: 18650 is a common rechargeable battery size found in most electronic cigarette mods. (Not all devices come with an integrated battery.)
- Atomizer: The atomizer is a fancy word for heating element or coil which contains organic material wrapped around it such as organic cotton.
- Coil: A coil is the curlicue spring looking element attached inside of an atomizer or tank wick / coil.
- Wick: Sometimes the inside of the tank can be referred to as a wick, coil, filter, this is not the correct term, the correct term is coil or atomizer.
- MTM: Mouth to Lung– refers to devices which produce vapor as suction is applied and to turn of autonomously when no suction is applied by the mouth.
- VG: Vegetable Glycerin- or glycerol, is a clear, odorless liquid produced from plant oils, typically palm oil, soy, or coconut oil. Palm and coconut oils are natural triglyceride mixtures; each triglyceride is composed of three fatty acids esterified with glycerin.
- PG: Propylene glycol, also called propane-1,2-diol, is a synthetic organic compound with the chemical formula C₃H₈O₂. It is a viscous colorless liquid which is nearly odorless but possesses a faintly sweet taste.
- Vape Tongue: After vaping a certain flavor for an extended period of time users are reported to get ” vape tongue” a side effect which results in the user not able to identify with the flavor any longer. This is often thought to be from the desensitization to a flavor after prolonged use users cannot taste the flavor anymore.
Most electronic cigarette users will choose a nicotine level that is best suited for their individual device or naturally by trial and error experience. While Vapor Source never recommends the use of nicotine, it’s our opinion to keep under 6 mg (milligram) strength levels of e-liquid for larger atomizers and tanks or rebuild-able drip atomizers, sub-ohm or equivalent devices, for a smoother experience.
Some smaller devices such as pens or mouth to lung devices may require higher nicotine level e-liquids to get the desired effects of the nicotine delivery while these devices typically produce a smaller amount of vapor. Vapor Source offers 0MG, 3MG, 6MG, 12MG, and 18MG, in all of our branded e-liquids.
Generally the more nicotine the harsher the vape is but there are several factors which can determine a smooth hitting e-liquid at higher nic levels. This is where years of Vapor Source experience pays off. Our ratios and pure nicotine deliver unrivaled smoothness yet are satisfying and crave fulfilling. Keep in mind a smaller above 1.0 Ohm resistance pen device or mouth to lung device will not be as harsh at 18mg as it might be in a much more – sub-ohm capable vape mod.
Every vapor user has a different style, preference, and taste to consider before purchasing their first vaping device and e-liquid combination. Vape products are constantly evolving and Vapor Source maintains an ever updating inventory with the newest and best products available on the market at reasonable prices. What may have worked or been available a year ago may not be available now. Mouth to lung, mechanical mods, temperature control, and many other features or specifications can determine what’s right for you. Never fear Vapor Source is here to help you with our trustworthy and knowledgeable staff, beginners are welcome and Vapor Source is proud of the fact we’ve helped tens of thousands of cigarette users transform their lifestyles. You can seek professional guidance from any of our staff in stores or via Online Chat.
The basic components of an electronic cigarette consist of a battery, and an atomizer. Sometimes the atomizers are referred to as a coil. A coil is actually a fancy word for “heating element” which generally consists of a metal wire wrapped around a porous material such as organic cotton. The batteries are generally rechargeable.
Vapor Source E-Liquids
Made in Colorado USA Since 2011 – Kosher U.S. Derived Pharmaceutical Grade (USP) Vegetable Glycerin (VG) and U.S. Pharmaceutical Grade (USP) Propylene Glycol (PG). Our E-liquids Contains USA derived Artificial and or Natural Flavorings with the purest form of Platinum Grade USA Liquid Nicotine available. 70% VG 30% PG – Made in clean food grade labs under strict quality control over-site in an ISO 7000 certified clean laboratory. Packaged responsibly in plastic Guerrilla bottles with a child-proof cap and their ever so convenient needle tip design for easy filling your tanks or reservoirs. Available in 30ML, 60ML, or 120ML, in varying nicotine strengths: 0mg(none), 3mg, 6mg, 12mg, and 18mg.
About Vapor Source
Since the rise of vaping, e-liquid brands have popped up like wildfire. Being a pioneer in the industry and an early adopter of e-liquid creation Vapor Source has witnessed the boom of different brands all over America. Because of this influx in relatively unknown names in the market we’ve taken extreme care and considerations before accepting any new brand to be sold in our stores. Our process still remains the same. We like many other vape shops are constantly bombarded by manufacturers with their e-liquids for sampling. The steps we take in order to ensure you’re getting something amazing and truly all day vape worthy starts by evaluating every companies environmental processes, accountability, prospected longevity in the market, and attention to detail. Their individual reputability and overall trustworthiness are big factors before we let these e-liquid get to our shelves for your sampling. Vapor Source has partnered with many prominent, well trusted, e-liquid manufacturers in the USA, developing a circle of trust unparalleled to our rivals. Each e-liquid sample is first tested by our willing staff which then get’s rated and ultimately passed down to our ordering manager. If the juices sell well we keep them and then stock them in larger sizes or nicotine strengths. As usual our customers know best and we know when it’s time a certain line or brand has run its course. This is how we can assure our customers stopping by any of our stores or trying about any one of our brands or affiliated brands will result in a delightful experience. There is always something new and when you thought you’ve tasted it all and it couldn’t get any better we invite you to try the Vapor Source difference to experience what the world’s best has to offer.